Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cakes & Cupcakes!

Yummy! Who doesn't like cake or cupcakes? For my kids birthdays, I always make an attempt at trying to make them a special cake or cupcake. I attempted a pirate ship which I did NOT  leave myself enough time to do and had to substitute the cake with a store bought (ack!) pound cake carved quickly into a ship shape which was not my best moment.

So below are my two favorite most recent creations - the first is my FIRST attempt at using marshmallow fondant. It's the ever so lovable Perry the Platypus from Phineas & Ferb. I decided to make my own as I have read horror stories of plain fondant and store bought as well. I didnt think the marshmallow was THAT bad, but it was a bit "different". Yea, that's it. Different. The second photo was the buckets of popcorn cupcakes which were made for a carnival themed birthday party. Can I just say that when you add marshmallows on top of frosted cupcakes it makes for one very, very sweet, amazingly delicious piece of YUM! These were very time consuming because I am a crazy, psychotic perfectionist when it comes to many things, but they were oh-so-worth it!


My Perry the Platypus cake and cupcakes- I had extra colored fondant so I chose to make some mini Perry's with the cupcakes. 


The infamous YUM cupcakes I was telling you about - made to look like buckets of popcorn. 


No comments:

Post a Comment